Let me start by saying, we are going to need another day. Yesterday was super-fun, super-inspiring and I dropped into bed exhausted but not a single stitch was sewn. None. Here’s what did happen……
- Started out the day with coffee but no scones. Door number 1 said, “Get up and make scones.” Door number 2 said, “Sleep longer.” I chose Door number 2.
- Loaded Dunkin in the car (“Load Up Dunkin!”) and went to Sewing Sister’s house. Yayyy!!! She’s on the journey with us! Triple S (Sewing Sister’s Sweetie) took a quick picture to mark the beginning of our adventure and we were on our way.
- Got distracted many times on our way to the North Umpqua. We stopped at yard sales; the shop of a friend of ours; a couple of more yard sales; and oh yes, one more yard sale!
- Arrived at Susan Creek at the perfect time!! It was mid-ish afternoon, there were hardly any people, the sun had dropped slightly so there was lots of shade, the river was stunning, it was just right.
- I want to take a minute and thank all of you for allowing me to see where I live with fresh eyes. I’ve lived in Douglas County so long I’m used to it. But when I looked at things the way you might see them, I remembered how special and beautiful this place is. Taking pictures to share the day with you was a joy!!
And speaking of pictures……
- We hiked our little legs off and had a wonderful time!!!
- By the time I got back home, I was tired!! I thought I would at least go through the plastic bins and decide what to sew but then something happened….
- I laid down for just a tiny minute……but then the cat jumped up on me.
- And how was I going to interrupt this kind of happiness??? So we stayed on the swing. Watched the sun go down. And we are definitely going to need to add another day…….